Date Posted: June 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Tuesday July 13, 2021
Start Date: Tuesday August 10, 2021
City/Town: Ganges, Salt Spring Island
Term: See description below
Description of ArtSpring:
ArtSpring is a 259-seat professional theatre and gallery on Salt Spring Island. This community facility is owned and operated by the Island Arts Centre Society (ArtSpring) and hosts a broad range of community-based and commercial clients as well as events presented directly by ArtSpring. Approximately 250 events per year occur at this facility, 75% of which are created and presented by community artists.
ArtSpring is a collaborative and respectful work environment. Our staff members work toward a common goal: creating a welcoming and inspiring arts centre.
Island Arts Centre Society (ArtSpring) values an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from members of diverse communities. We are committed to an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Front of House/Volunteer Manager, ArtSpring
The Front-of-House/Volunteer Manager reports to the Executive & Artistic Director (EAD).
The Front-of-House/Volunteer Manager is responsible for:
• The smooth-running of all Box Office operations, including volunteers, financial control, tickets sales, season subscriptions, memberships, gift certificates, and donations. They ensure that patrons receive a friendly and efficient purchasing experience both in-person and online, and support rental clients with the successful sale of their events.
• The recruitment, interviewing, training, scheduling, and management of all ArtSpring volunteers. They ensure that ArtSpring’s volunteer requirements are met (both at-event and administrative volunteers), that volunteers are successful in their roles, and encourage a strong team of ArtSpring ambassadors.
• The efficient running of day-to-day and ad-hoc office administrative procedures, ensuring that systems are operating correctly, and providing support as required to the EAD.
• Creating a warm and welcoming environment for visitors to ArtSpring.
The Front of House/Volunteer Manager is:
• An outgoing people-person, with the ability to get on well with and respect a wide variety of staff, volunteers, patrons, artists, and other stakeholders.
• Comfortable with, and quick to pick up, office software and administrative systems.
• Able to identify staffing, training, or systems gaps and remedy as necessary.
• A well-organized multi-tasker, with patience and excellent time management skills.
• Willing to work as part of the small ArtSpring team, cross-training to support colleagues where needed.
• Passionate about the arts, both within and outside the community.
• An ambassador for ArtSpring, both at work and in the community.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
• Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills
• Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
• Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information
• Computer literacy (including Office Suite)
• Passion for the arts
o Post-secondary degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
Terms of Employment:
• 30 hour per week
• permanent position
• two weeks of vacation plus two weeks at the end of the year
• group benefit plan
• position requires infrequent evening and weekend work
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 5:00pm Tuesday July 13, 2021.
No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank everyone who expresses an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.