Front of House/Volunteer Manager
Date Posted: August 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Tuesday August 17, 2021
Start Date: between Tuesday August 31 and Tuesday September 7, 2021
City/Town: Ganges, Salt Spring Island
Term: See description below
Description of ArtSpring:
ArtSpring is a 259-seat professional theatre and gallery on Salt Spring Island. This community facility is owned and operated by the Island Arts Centre Society (ArtSpring) and hosts a broad range of community-based and commercial clients as well as events presented directly by ArtSpring. Approximately 250 events per year occur at this facility, 75% of which are created and presented by community artists.
ArtSpring is a collaborative and respectful work environment. Our staff members work toward a common goal: creating a welcoming and inspiring arts centre.
Island Arts Centre Society (ArtSpring) values an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from members of diverse communities. We are committed to an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Front of House/Volunteer Manager, ArtSpring
The Front-of-House/Volunteer Manager reports to the Executive & Artistic Director (EAD).
The Front-of-House/Volunteer Manager is responsible for:
• Maintaining ArtSpring’s team of volunteers through recruitment, interviewing, training, scheduling, and management of our valued volunteers. Our goal is to ensure that ArtSpring’s volunteer requirements are met (both at-event and administrative volunteers), that volunteers are successful and happy in their roles, and encourage a strong team of ArtSpring ambassadors.
• Management of Box Office operations. Our goal is to provide a friendly and efficient purchasing experience both in-person and online, and support rental clients with the successful sale of their events.
• Maintaining efficient running of day-to-day and ad-hoc office administrative procedures and providing support as required to the Executive & Artistic Director.
• Creating a warm and welcoming environment for visitors to ArtSpring.
The Front of House/Volunteer Manager is:
• A person who enjoys working with others, with the ability to get on well with and respect a wide variety of staff, volunteers, patrons, artists, and other stakeholders.
• Comfortable with, and quick to pick up, office software and administrative systems.
• A well-organized multi-tasker, with patience and excellent time management skills.
• Willing to work as part of the small ArtSpring team, cross-training to support colleagues where needed.
• Passionate about the arts, both within and outside the community.
• An ambassador for ArtSpring, both at work and in the community.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
• Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills
• Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
• Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information
• Computer literacy (including Office Suite)
• Passion for the arts
o Post-secondary degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
Terms of Employment:
• 24-30 hours per week
• permanent position
• two weeks of vacation plus two weeks at the end of the year
• group benefit plan
• position requires infrequent evening and weekend work
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 5:00pm Tuesday August 17, 2021.
No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank everyone who expresses an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.