Thursday October 21 – Saturday October 23 | 7:30pm
Steeped in the visual styles of western Canada, three-piece Victoria-based folk outfit West My Friend mingle grassroots guitar, mandolin, accordion, and interweaving harmonies. After ten years as a band and 700 performances under their belts, they continue to refine the art of creating achingly poignant folk music. Their songs are intricate yet accessible, melancholic yet optimistic.
The band’s Independent Music Awards-nominated fourth album In Constellation sees musings on anxiety and belonging, and bold harmonies painting powerful lyrical portraits.
Guitar, vocals – Eden Oliver
Mandolin, vocals – Alex Rempel
Accordion, vocals – Jeff Poynter
75 mins | no intermission
Thank you to Victoria Olchowecki for sponsoring these performances.
Photo: Victoria BC Band Photography
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale (2021-22 season)
• Proof of vaccination is required for every patron age 12+ attending an event. As of September 13 anyone attending an event will be required to show proof of at least one vaccination. Starting on October 24 the Public Health Order requires proof that those attending events have received two vaccinations at least seven days prior. Patrons age 19+ are also required to show a piece of valid government photo ID. Get your BC Vaccine Card here.
• Patrons must present a valid proof of vaccination each time they attend an event. Patrons unable to show proof will be denied entry, refunds will not be issued. Vaccination records will not be kept on file by ArtSpring.
• Face masks are mandatory at all times. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as Reserved Seating, with a capacity determined by the public health order in place at the time of the event.
• Advance ticket sales only. There is no pre-show sales service. Tickets purchased online and by phone can be picked up at the entry door.
• Enter the theatre at the back doors, from the lower parking lot (McPhillips Ave). The upper parking lot will be closed and front entrance will be closed.
• Arrive between 6:30-7:15pm (for a 7:30pm event) and 1:30-2:15pm (for a 2:30pm event).
• Doors close five minutes before performance time – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow floor markings and all signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Washrooms are open.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party when moving through the building.
• Performances are 75-90 minutes, plus introduction, from September-December 2021. We anticipate longer events from January 2022.
• There is no intermission and no concession service from September-December 2021. We anticipate intermissions and concessions from January 2022.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.
• If you are unable to abide by these policies please refrain from attending. Any patrons not following BC Health regulations or ArtSpring policies will be asked to leave.