Adults $40 | Seniors 65+ $35 | Student/youth $25
Under the creative direction of the National Stage Company of Canada comes an original west coast concert presentation celebrating the legendary Ella Fitzgerald.
Prelude To A Kiss blends together an unforgettable show of popular jazz standards and ballads made famous by the multi-award-winning ‘first lady of song’, Ella Fitzgerald.
Set against a stunning background, Prelude To A Kiss fills the stage with iconic music that paints an intimate portrait of the woman, the artist, and the legend she became. With incredible lead vocals by award-nominated recording artist and actress, Leina DeBoer, accompanied by celebrated Canadian pianist, Morrissey Dunn of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this stirring new concert is an event not to be missed.
Featuring classic hits like Summertime, The Man That Got Away, Blue Skies, Get Happy, Night and Day, and Over the Rainbow, among countless others, Prelude To A Kiss will undoubtedly transport you back to an era of great jazz music.
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale (2021-22 season)
• Proof of vaccination is required for every patron age 12+ attending an event. As of September 13 anyone attending an event will be required to show proof of at least one vaccination. Starting on October 24 the Public Health Order requires proof that those attending events have received two vaccinations at least seven days prior. Patrons age 19+ are also required to show a piece of valid government photo ID. Get your BC Vaccine Card here.
• Patrons must present a valid proof of vaccination each time they attend an event. Patrons unable to show proof will be denied entry, refunds will not be issued. Vaccination records will not be kept on file by ArtSpring.
• Face masks are mandatory at all times for everyone age 5+. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as Reserved Seating, with a capacity determined by the public health order in place at the time of the event.
• Advance ticket sales only. There is no pre-show sales service. Tickets purchased online and by phone can be picked up at the entry door.
• Enter the theatre at the back doors, from the lower parking lot (McPhillips Ave). The upper parking lot will be closed and front entrance will be closed.
• Arrive between 6:30-7:15pm (for a 7:30pm event) 1pm-1:45pm (for a 2pm event), and 1:30-2:15pm (for a 2:30pm event).
• Doors close five minutes before performance time – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow all signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Washrooms are open.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party when moving through the building.
• Performances are 75-90 minutes, plus introduction, from September-December 2021. We anticipate longer events from January 2022.
• There is no intermission and no concession service from September-December 2021. We anticipate short intermissions (but no concessions) from January 2022.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.
• If you are unable to abide by these policies please refrain from attending. Any patrons not following BC Health regulations or ArtSpring policies will be asked to leave.