Thursday May 26 | 7:30pm
In their second collaboration Peggy Baker and BC-based dance artist Sarah Chase have created an emotional, autobiographical ‘dancestory’. Crafted from a deeply personal life experience Peggy had long found difficult to share, unmoored describes events during the 20-year arc of Baker’s marriage to the musician, composer, and disability rights activist, Ahmed Hassan.
Acclaimed as one of the most outstanding and influential contemporary dancers of her generation, Peggy Baker has announced that after 50 years as a professional dancer her company will close at the end of the 2022/23 season. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see an exquisite performer of international repute in one of her final performances.
Creators – Peggy Baker and Sarah Chase
Performer – Peggy Baker
60 minutes | post-show talkback
Thank you to Joan Farlinger and Salt Spring Coffee for sponsoring this performance.
Photo: Aleksandar Antonijevic
You might also like – Peggy Baker All Abilities workshop FluxDelux | Wednesday May 25 5pm
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale
• Face masks are required by ArtSpring at all times for everyone age 5+ until May 31 2022. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as reserved seating, at 100% capacity.
• Pre-show box office opens one hour before showtime, for ticket pick-up, and sales for that event only.
• Doors close five minutes before performance time – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow all health and safety signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party when moving through the building.
• Performances may include a short intermission.
• There is no concession service at any event until our mask requirement is lifted.
• Artist merchandise, if available, can be purchased in the lobby. Cash sales only.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.
• If you are unable to abide by these policies please refrain from attending. Any patrons not following BC Health regulations or ArtSpring policies will be asked to leave.