Imaginario: de un libro de música de vihuela
Friday April 29 | 7:30pm
Working from seven surviving sources, Argentinian soprano María Cristina Kiehr and vihuela player Ariel Abramovich have reconstructed a Spanish songbook that could have been published in Seville or Valladolid during the renaissance. The result of nearly 15 years work shows a deep knowledge of the music and literature of the time, combined with the imagination and creativity of Kiehr and Abramovich.
Program – works by 15th and 16th century composers and arrangers: Juan Vásquez, Josquin des Prez, Cristóbal de Morales, Adrian Willaert, Julio Segni da Modena, Jacques Arcadelt, and Cipriano de Rore.
Thank you to Regan Hunt for sponsoring this performance.
Photo: Alba Muriel
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale
• Face masks are required by ArtSpring at all times for everyone age 5+ until May 31 2022. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as reserved seating, at 100% capacity.
• Pre-show box office opens one hour before showtime, for ticket pick-up, and sales for that event only.
• Doors close five minutes before performance time – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow all health and safety signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party when moving through the building.
• Performances may include a short intermission.
• There is no concession service at any event until our mask requirement is lifted.
• Artist merchandise, if available, can be purchased in the lobby. Cash sales only.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.
• If you are unable to abide by these policies please refrain from attending. Any patrons not following BC Health regulations or ArtSpring policies will be asked to leave.