GISPA’s new creation is an alluring adaptation of Herman Melville’s classic Moby Dick, which features original choreography and music, hand-made puppets and a script adapted by the students.
The story is set aboard the Pequod, a whaling ship led by vengeful Captain Ahab and his faithful crew, as they chase the great white whale across the Atlantic. As tension mounts, the crew begins to question Ahab’s intentions and a bitter storm ensues.
The students of the GISPA program are proud to present their carefully crafted theatrical production.
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale (2021-22 season)
• Proof of vaccination is no longer required for events and exhibitions at ArtSpring, except where specifically requested by a rental client booking.
• From June 1, 2022 face masks are no longer mandatory at ArtSpring for anyone attending a theatre or gallery event. ArtSpring staff and front-of-house volunteers will continue to wear masks, and we do recommend and appreciate our patrons wearing them whilst in the building. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as reserved seating, at 100% capacity.
• Patrons can now use all external doors to enter the building.
• The upper parking lot will be open for theatre events only.
• Pre-show box office opens one hour before showtime for pre-booked ticket pick-up, and sales for that show only.
• Doors close five minutes before showtime – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow all signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Washrooms are open.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party.
• Performances may include a concessions service, and an intermission.
• Artist merchandise, if available, can be purchased in the lobby. Cash sales only.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.