Thursday January 27 | 7:30pm
BC-based baroque violinist Chloe Kim graduated from Juilliard in 2020. As a principal and a soloist she has performed with prominent musicians in major concert venues all over the world. To compensate for having her many international engagements cancelled by the pandemic, she created Music for the Pause – a series of 11 online concerts from Christ Church Cathedral Victoria, aimed at keeping musicians like her creatively engaged and connected to audiences.
Violist Joanna Hood is an avid chamber music player both in modern and period styles, and has a passion for the music of our time. She is the principal violist with the Seattle Baroque Orchestra, and performs with the Pacific Baroque Orchestra and the Victoria Baroque Players. Joanna is Associate Professor, with the Lafayette Quartet, at the University of Victoria where she teaches viola and chamber music.
Thank you to Kate Merry for sponsoring this performance.
Program (download and print PDF)
Duo in G Major, K. 423
III. Rondo: Allegro
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
Passacaglia on a theme by Händel
Johann Halvorsen (1865-1935)
Duo in F Major, P. 130
III. Rondo: Allegro
Michael Haydn (1737-1807)
Gretchen am Spinnrade, D118
Erlkönig, D. 328
Selections from Melodies Choisies de Fr. Schubert by C.G. Wolff
Photo: Chloe Kim – Kelsey Goodwin | Joanna Hood – Miles Lowry
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale (2021-22 season)
• Proof of vaccination is required for every patron age 12+ attending an event. As of September 13 anyone attending an event will be required to show proof of at least one vaccination. Starting on October 24 the Public Health Order requires proof that those attending events have received two vaccinations at least seven days prior. Patrons age 19+ are also required to show a piece of valid government photo ID. Get your BC Vaccine Card here.
• Patrons must present a valid proof of vaccination each time they attend an event. Patrons unable to show proof will be denied entry, refunds will not be issued. Vaccination records will not be kept on file by ArtSpring.
• Face masks are mandatory at all times for everyone age 5+. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as Reserved Seating, with a capacity determined by the public health order in place at the time of the event.
• Advance ticket sales only. There is no pre-show sales service. Tickets purchased online and by phone can be picked up at the entry door.
• Enter the theatre at the back doors, from the lower parking lot (McPhillips Ave). The upper parking lot will be closed and front entrance will be closed.
• Arrive between 6:30-7:15pm (for a 7:30pm event) and 1:30-2:15pm (for a 2:30pm event).
• Doors close five minutes before performance time – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow all signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Washrooms are open.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party when moving through the building.
• Performances are 75-90 minutes, plus introduction, from September-December 2021. We anticipate longer events from January 2022.
• There is no intermission and no concession service from September-December 2021. We anticipate short intermissions (but no concessions) from January 2022.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.
• If you are unable to abide by these policies please refrain from attending. Any patrons not following BC Health regulations or ArtSpring policies will be asked to leave.