Friday February 11 | 7:30pm
Angela Hewitt occupies a unique position among today’s leading pianists. With a wide-ranging repertoire and frequent appearances in recital and with major orchestras throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia, she is also an award-winning recording artist whose performances of Bach have established her as one of the composer’s foremost interpreters. Her award-winning cycle for Hyperion Records of all the major keyboard works of Bach has been described as “one of the record glories of our age” (The Sunday Times). In 2015 she was inducted into Gramophone Magazine’s Hall of Fame thanks to her popularity with music lovers around the world.
Program (download and print)
F. Couperin: Dix-huitième Ordre
Le Tic-Toc-Choc ou Les Maillotins
O. Messiaen: Preludes (selection)
No. 1: La colombe
No. 3: Le nombre léger
No. 4: Instants défunts
No. 5: Les sons impalpables du rêve
No. 7: Plainte came
No. 8: Un reflet dans le vent
J. Brahms: Sonata No.3 in F minor, Opus 5
Scherzo: Allegro energico
Intermezzo: Andante molto
Finale: Allegro moderato ma rubato – Presto
Thank you to Joan Farlinger and Michael Pidgeon for sponsoring this performance.
Photo: Jimmy Katz
ArtSpring terms and conditions of sale (2021-22 season)
• Proof of vaccination is required for every patron age 12+ attending an event. As of September 13 anyone attending an event will be required to show proof of at least one vaccination. Starting on October 24 the Public Health Order requires proof that those attending events have received two vaccinations at least seven days prior. Patrons age 19+ are also required to show a piece of valid government photo ID. Get your BC Vaccine Card here.
• Patrons must present a valid proof of vaccination each time they attend an event. Patrons unable to show proof will be denied entry, refunds will not be issued. Vaccination records will not be kept on file by ArtSpring.
• Face masks are mandatory at all times for everyone age 5+. Masks are available but please try to bring your own.
• Tickets are sold as Reserved Seating, with a capacity determined by the public health order in place at the time of the event.
• Advance ticket sales only. There is no pre-show sales service. Tickets purchased online and by phone can be picked up at the entry door.
• Enter the theatre at the back doors, from the lower parking lot (McPhillips Ave). The upper parking lot will be closed and front entrance will be closed.
• Arrive between 6:30-7:15pm (for a 7:30pm event) and 1:30-2:15pm (for a 2:30pm event).
• Doors close five minutes before performance time – strictly no late admittance.
• Follow all signage present at ArtSpring.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided.
• Washrooms are open.
• Maintain a comfortable distance from patrons who are not in your party when moving through the building.
• Performances are 75-90 minutes, plus introduction, from September-December 2021. We anticipate longer events from January 2022.
• There is no intermission and no concession service from September-December 2021. We anticipate short intermissions (but no concessions) from January 2022.
• Please do not attend the performance: if you or anyone from your party feel unwell; if you or anyone you have come in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. If you are unable to attend for health reasons please contact the ArtSpring box office for a refund.
• If you are unable to abide by these policies please refrain from attending. Any patrons not following BC Health regulations or ArtSpring policies will be asked to leave.