ArtSpring is looking for a Project Coordinator to oversee the 2020 Treasure Fair fundraising event (July 16 – 18).
Date Posted: January 28 2020
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Start Date: March 16, 2020
End Date: August 14, 2020
Salary: honorarium tbd
City/Town: Ganges, Salt Spring Island
Term: See description below
Description of ArtSpring
ArtSpring is a collaborative and respectful work environment. The ArtSpring volunteers and staff are as diverse as the events and the audiences. Our staff members work toward a common goal: creating a welcoming and inspiring arts centre on Salt Spring Island. ArtSpring is a multi-use performance facility and gallery space for touring professional artists and community arts groups. Approximately 250 events per year occur at this facility and 75% of them are created and performed by community artists. ArtSpring is owned and governed by the Island Arts Centre Society (ArtSpring), a registered charitable organization. In 2019 ArtSpring celebrated its 20th anniversary.
Description of Treasure Fair
Treasure Fair is a silent and live auction and one of three-yearly fundraising events for ArtSpring. Community support is essential to the success of ArtSpring and all of its fund-raising efforts. Ticket sales and theatre rentals amount to 42% of ArtSpring’s very tight operating budget. Accounting for half of ArtSpring’s fundraising efforts, Treasure Fair is extremely import to the financial health and stability of this organization. The work leading up to Treasure Fair starts many months in advance and relies heavily on the work of approximately 120 volunteers. Donations are recruited and received from individuals, business, and corporations who give items, skills, and experiences that become part of the TF auction. But, mostly, it’s just a lot of fun with great people and fantastic results! Treasure Fair dates for 2020 are July 16 – 18.
Treasure Fair – Project Coordinator, ArtSpring
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Executive/Artistic Director and works in collaboration with other team members including the Communications Manager, the Operations Manager, the Box Office & Volunteer Manager, Social Media Manager, and the Building & Grounds Manager.
The Project Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Treasure Fair volunteer team to organize, execute, and oversee the Treasure Fair fundraising event.
This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule of approximately 20 hours per week from March through to mid-August with the understanding that hours will increase to full time for the four weeks that lead up to and during Treasure Fair.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
• Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
• Professionalism, maturity and sensitivity to confidential information
• Computer literacy (including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel) with the ability to design and maintain internal systems
• Proficiency in the professional use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Passion for the performing arts
o Post-secondary degree in related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
85% Treasure Fair – Project Coordinator
• Oversee the running of Treasure Fair and Lobby Art Auction programs
• Works collaboratively and collegially with and in leading a large group of volunteers
• Work collaboratively with the Communications Manager and Social Media Manager to create, plan, and possibly write marketing materials for Treasure Fair.
• Other duties as required
15% Documentation and Reporting
• Create a work plan and maintain a calendar of project deadlines
• Prepare regular summaries, progress reports, and final report of Treasure Fair for the Executive/Artistic Director.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 5:00PM Friday February 28, 2020.
No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank everyone who expresses an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration: honorarium tbd.