Lobby Art Auction
Nine wonderful pieces of art will be sold through a sealed bid auction in the ArtSpring lobby, one piece at a time from September 2014 until June 2015. View all of the items in our online catalogue.
Currently Available (September 8 to October 4):
- Hawk – Leather Mask – by Andrea Russell (Value: $225)
Andrea Russell’s masks are one of a kind hand-sculpted and hand-painted art pieces – in this case, vegetable tanned leather which has been water hardened and dyed. She teaches classes in leather-working and in silversmithing from her Salt Spring Island home and is represented in galleries across Canada. This gorgeous piece is less costume art & more wall art. Beautiful!
How the Lobby Art Auction works:
- The art on display will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Fill out the bid slip in the lobby near the Ticket Centre and place it in the secure box near the art.
- Take note of the auction closing date on the sign attached to the display.
- Your bid is an agreement to purchase the art at the amount of your bid (plus shipping, if applicable).
- If you are the highest bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Should ArtSpring be unable to reach the highest bidder after a week, we will accept the second highest bid.