Lobby Art Auction
Nine wonderful pieces of art will be sold through a sealed bid auction in the ArtSpring lobby, one piece at a time from September 2014 until June 2015. View all of the items in our online catalogue.
Currently Available (October 5 to 26):
- European Robin and Hydrangeas – Limited Edition Print – by Robert Bateman (Value: $500)
This beautifully framed limited edition print (1986) is by renowned Salt Spring Island artist, Robert Bateman. World-travelled and well-versed, Bateman always tells a story about each of his creations. He says the following about this piece:
“The European robin is a diminutive bird with a build more like our chickadee. Since gardens are a favorite habitat, I decided to place this little fellow on a hydrangea blossom, giving him a sense of delicacy perched on the flowers.”
How the Lobby Art Auction works:
- The art on display will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Fill out the bid slip in the lobby near the Ticket Centre and place it in the secure box near the art.
- Take note of the auction closing date on the sign attached to the display.
- Your bid is an agreement to purchase the art at the amount of your bid (plus shipping, if applicable).
- If you are the highest bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Should ArtSpring be unable to reach the highest bidder after a week, we will accept the second highest bid.