Lobby Art Auction
Nine wonderful pieces of art will be sold through a sealed bid auction in the ArtSpring lobby, one piece at a time from September 2014 until June 2015. View all of the items in our online catalogue.
Currently Available (October 27 to December 21):
- Quiet – Painting by Florence Roberge (Value: $2,200)
Since 1999, Florence Roberge has produced art work of beauty and light at her Bunbury Studio on Salt Spring Island. She is represented on Salt Spring by Gallery 8. Her works are in several private collections as well as in the collection of the Burnaby Art Gallery and that of St. Paul’s Foundation, Vancouver.
This painting, entitled “Quiet” is inspired by her annual visit to Tuscany and is part of the series “Il Bosco della Ragnaia”. The painting reflects an impression of the vibrancy and colour of an Italian garden that was created, starting in 1995 and continuing, by a retired American artist on 6 hectares in Tuscany.
- The art on display will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Fill out the bid slip in the lobby near the Ticket Centre and place it in the secure box near the art.
- Take note of the auction closing date on the sign attached to the display.
- Your bid is an agreement to purchase the art at the amount of your bid (plus shipping, if applicable).
- If you are the highest bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Should ArtSpring be unable to reach the highest bidder after a week, we will accept the second highest bid.