Lobby Art Auction
Nine wonderful pieces of art will be sold through a sealed bid auction in the ArtSpring lobby, one piece at a time from September 2014 until June 2015. View all of the items in our online catalogue.
Two Pieces Currently Available (February 15 to March 7th):
- Inuit Carving (Starting Bid: $90; Value: $450): This numbered & signed Inuit carving comes complete with the official Government of Canada sticker signifying that it is hand-made by a Canadian Inuit artist. It features a woman chewing on leather to make it soft and supple for use as clothing or household items. She is sitting on a unique polar bear shaped rug. The piece measures 5″ X 3″ X 3″.
- Hand-carved Loon by Gilles Paquette (Starting Bid: $70; Value: $350)
Gilles Paquette has been woodworking since 1984. A self-taught artist, Gilles is inspired by nature and spends a considerable amount of time in the woods. Born and raised in Quebec, Gilles currently resides in southwestern Ontario where he is a long-time member of two local carving clubs. In addition to carving animals and birds, he also does relief carving, caricature carving, and pyrography (wood burning). This beautiful loon is signed by the artist and measures 9″ long.
How the Lobby Art Auction works:
- The art on display will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Fill out the bid slip in the lobby near the Ticket Centre and place it in the secure box near the art.
- Take note of the auction closing date on the sign attached to the display.
- Your bid is an agreement to purchase the art at the amount of your bid (plus shipping, if applicable).
- If you are the highest bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Should ArtSpring be unable to reach the highest bidder after a week, we will accept the second highest bid.