Lobby Art Auction
Nine wonderful pieces of art will be sold through a sealed bid auction in the ArtSpring lobby, one piece at a time from September 2014 until June 2015. View all of the items in our online catalogue.
- Outstanding In Her Field by Barb Younger (Starting Bid: $400; Value: $2,100): This oil painting by artist Barb Younger measures 30″ X 30″. Barb Younger is a signature member of the Federation of Canadian Artists and has won several awards in a broad range of mediums including the Spillsbury Gold Medal & the Lawren Harris Award. She is a painter, popular workshop instructor, jurist and studio artist, and has studied at Emily Carr Institute and Langara College as well as in several self-directed programs. Her works have been shown in several exhibits and invitational shows.
How the Lobby Art Auction works:
- The art on display will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Fill out the bid slip in the lobby near the Ticket Centre and place it in the secure box near the art.
- Take note of the auction closing date on the sign attached to the display.
- Your bid is an agreement to purchase the art at the amount of your bid (plus shipping, if applicable).
- If you are the highest bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Should ArtSpring be unable to reach the highest bidder after a week, we will accept the second highest bid.