Lobby Art Auction
Nine wonderful pieces of art will be sold through a sealed bid auction in the ArtSpring lobby, one piece at a time from September 2014 until June 2015. View all of the items in our online catalogue.
Looking Northwest on the Isle of Orleans Near Quebec City P.Q. by Robert Stewart Hyndman (Starting Bid: $200; Value: $1,000):
Robert Stewart Hyndman (1915-2009) was a distinguished Canadian portrait and landscape artist based in the National Capital Region. Born in Edmonton Alberta, he flew with the RCAF during WWII and was appointed an official war artist. After the war Hyndman set up a studio in Ottawa and pursued a career in art that spanned seven decades. He taught at both the Banff School of Fine Arts and the Ottawa School of Art, exhibiting his work in many places, including the Canadian War Museum where some of his paintings are part of the permanent collection. Mr. Hyndman received the Art and Heritage Award from the City of Ottawa in 2000, and continued to paint Ottawa and Gatineau streetscapes and landscapes from his studio in Old Chelsea, until his death at age 94.
This piece is signed & titled on the back. Dimensions – 8″ x 10″, framed to 13 1/2″ X 14 1/2″. The painting will be displayed April 13th to May 11th. The highest bid received by 4 p.m. May 11th, 2015 will be declared the winner.
How the Lobby Art Auction works:
- The art on display will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Fill out the bid slip in the lobby near the Ticket Centre and place it in the secure box near the art.
- Take note of the auction closing date on the sign attached to the display.
- Your bid is an agreement to purchase the art at the amount of your bid (plus shipping, if applicable).
- If you are the highest bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Should ArtSpring be unable to reach the highest bidder after a week, we will accept the second highest bid.