Marketing Manager and Operations Support
Date Posted: June 9, 2016 Application Deadline: June 30, 2016 Start Date: July, 2016
Salary: $18.50-$20/hr City/Town: Ganges, Salt Spring Island Term: Part-time 32 hrs per week
Description of ArtSpring
Celebrating its 18th season of programming music, dance, theatre and visual arts, ArtSpring is a community performing and visual arts facility, owned and operated by the Island Arts Centre Society (IACS). Shows range from ArtSpring Presents (a multi-genre professional performance series), to gallery shows, to presentations by Salt Spring theatre, choral and dance ensembles, to Met Opera and Bolshoi Ballet broadcasts. The facility is available for rent.
Marketing Manager and Operations Support
- Approximately 24 per week will be dedicated to marketing work and eight hours per week to operations. Ideally the hours will be spread over five days, Monday to Friday, but could be compacted to a four-day work week.
ArtSpring is seeking a part-time marketing manager and operations support reporting to the Executive/Artistic Director to:
- To lead and co-ordinate ArtSpring’s marketing/communications off and on-line and manage all digital platforms and social media.
- To exploit the marketing potential of ArtSpring’s 20th Birthday year in 2018-19.
- To lead and co-ordinate ArtSpring’s press strategy
- To develop and initiate marketing and publicity outputs inspired by the artistic programme.
- To lead and co-ordinate CASL legislation requirements for ArtSpring.
- To assist in rental bookings and communications with rental clients.
The primary responsibility will be as a Marketing Manager. Role within Operations will be job shared with an individual who works three days a week for the organization. Reporting to the Executive/Artistic Director, the Marketing Manager will be broadly responsible for managing and executing all aspects of ArtSpring’s day-to-day marketing plans and initiatives. Beyond the administrative proficiency this position requires the Marketing Manager to have as its prime concern the artistic vitality of ArtSpring and its unique positioning within the community. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing and executing the marketing plan including placement of advertising, brochures, promotions and media partnerships.
- Planning and managing all forms of electronic marketing including the website (artspring.ca), e-newsletters, rich media (audio/video), social media, digital advertising and blogs.
- Provide input to the Executive/Artistic Director in terms of developing and monitoring the annual marketing budget, providing forecast and maximizing revenue from ticket sales.
- Develop links and coordinate ongoing communications with the performing arts community and the broader community at large to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members.
In the role of Operations Support the responsibilities in collaboration with the Operations Manager include but are not limited:
- Maintaining the building calendar.
- General administration (phone calls, emails).
- Responsible for all aspects of ArtSpring rentals.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Professionalism, maturity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Computer literacy (including Word Press, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel) with the ability to design and maintain internal systems
- Proficiency in the professional use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Passion for the performing arts
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager an asset.
- Post secondary degree in related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a:
- sample of your writing, and
- cover letter
via email to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 5:00PM Thursday June 30, 2016. No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank everyone who expresses an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration to be determined based on experience, $18.50-$20/hr?for 32 hours per week. Extended health care and life insurance packages are also available to employees of ArtSpring.
Name: Cicela Månsson, Executive & Artistic Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org