Date Posted: April 25, 2016 Application Deadline: May 9, 2016 at 5pm Start Date: June, 2016
Salary: TBD City/Town: Ganges, Salt Spring Island Term: Part-time 24 hrs per week
Description of ArtSpring
Celebrating its 18th season of programming music, dance, theatre and visual arts, ArtSpring is a community performing and visual arts facility, owned and operated by the Island Arts Centre Society (IACS). Shows range from ArtSpring Presents (a multi-genre professional performance series), to gallery shows, to presentations by Salt Spring theatre, choral and dance ensembles, to Met Opera and Bolshoi Ballet broadcasts. The facility is available for rent.
ArtSpring is seeking a part-time marketing manager reporting to the Executive/Artistic Director to:
- To lead and co-ordinate ArtSpring’s marketing/communications off and on-line and manage all digital platforms and social media.
- To lead and co-ordinate ArtSpring’s press strategy
- To maximize the marketing potential of ArtSpring’s 20th Birthday year in 2018-19.
- To develop and initiate marketing and publicity outputs inspired by the artistic programme.
- To lead and co-ordinate CASL legislation requirements for ArtSpring.
Reporting to the Executive/Artistic Director, the Marketing Manager will be broadly responsible for managing and executing all aspects of ArtSpring’s day-to-day marketing plans and initiatives. Beyond the administrative proficiency this position requires the Marketing Manager to have as its prime concern the artistic vitality of ArtSpring and its unique positioning within the community. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing and executing the marketing plan including placement of advertising, brochures, promotions and media partnerships.
- Planning and managing all forms of electronic marketing including the website (artspring.ca), e-newsletters, rich media (audio/video), social media, digital advertising and blogs.
- Provide input to the Executive/Artistic Director in terms of developing and monitoring the annual marketing budget, providing forecast and maximizing revenue from ticket sales.
- Develop links and coordinate ongoing communications with the performing arts community and the broader community at large to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Professionalism, maturity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Computer literacy (including Word Press, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel) with the ability to design and maintain internal systems
- Proficiency in the professional use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Passion for the arts
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager an asset.
- Post secondary degree in arts administration or related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, sample of your writing and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 5:00PM Monday May 9, 2016. No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank everyone who expresses an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration to be determined based on experience.
Name: Cicela Månsson, Executive/Artistic Director
Email Address: email@example.com