Date Posted: Sept 11, 2014
Application Deadline: Sept 22, 2014
Start Date: Oct, 2014
Salary: To be determined. City/Town: Ganges, Salt Spring Island.
Term: Part-time 4-6 hrs per week
Description of ArtSpring
Celebrating its 16th season of programming music, dance, theatre and visual arts, ArtSpring is a community performing and visual arts facility, owned and operated by the Island Arts Centre Society (IACS). Shows range from ArtSpring Presents (a multi-genre professional performance series), to gallery shows, to presentations by Salt Spring theatre, choral and dance ensembles, to Met Opera and Bolshoi Ballet broadcasts. This facility is also available for rental.
ArtSpring is seeking a part-time bookkeeper reporting to the Executive/Artistic Director to maintain accounts, process payroll, and provide financial reporting.
- Posting to the general ledger using class accounting, entering and reviewing accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, and analysis and reconciliation of account and entry discrepancies as needed; maintain endowment and capital accounts.
- Oversees and enters bi-weekly payroll, monthly remittances, health plan liabilities and annual T4 reporting.
- Prepares banking and deposits.
- Prepares financial reports and analysis for staff and board use including ongoing budget projections, cash flow overviews, project reporting and other data as requested.
- Preparation of the organizations’ records for annual year-end third party review or audit processes, and subsequent liaison with accountants to answer any related queries.
- Preparation of GST returns and annual charity information returns.
- Ensures compliance with and maintains existing accounting controls for the societies, advising and assisting management in developing procedures as needed.
- Assists management in ensuring compliance with provincial and federal tax, labour, and charitable organization regulations, researching and advising on issues as required.
- Other related duties or special projects as identified and requested by the executives of the society.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with QuickBooks, as well as a good knowledge of standard office and computer programs and possess an analytical, problem solving mindset, be adaptable to change and variable workflows, and be motivated to keep their skills and knowledge sharp. Excellent time management and self-direction skills are fundamental to the position, as is knowledge of non-profit and charitable organizations and the regulations governing them. Experience with CADAC, as well as financial and statistical reporting for grants and funders is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 5:00PM Monday September 22, 2014. No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank everyone who expresses an interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration to be determined based on experience.
Name: Cicela Månsson, Executive/Artistic Director
Email Address: email@example.com