*There are two positions currently available.
1) Building and Grounds Maintainer – Temporary Position:
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Executive/Artistic Director, The Building and Grounds Maintainer will maintain the ArtSpring building and grounds to ensure the building and grounds are accessible and are maintained in a safe and effective manner.
1. Perform maintenance and minor repairs to building and grounds
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on buildings and facilities
• Conduct routine, non-licensed inspections of facilities including fire equipment and carpentry and painting
• In collaboration with the Director, coordinate licensed inspections as required
• In collaboration with the Director, coordinate major maintenance and repairs as required to mechanical systems, HVAC systems etc.
• Advise the Director of required major repairs or replacements. Ensure the safety and protection of the building including ensuring doorways are not blocked and that building is locked when not in use
2. Assist with administrative duties related to building maintenance
• Create a written preventative and predictive maintenance schedule
• Assist in the preparation of capital and operating budgets
• Maintain inventory control over equipment and supplies
• Assist in ordering replacement equipment and supplies
• Assist in risk management activities
• Maintain building maintenance logs and records
3. Perform other related duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• knowledge of applicable building codes, regulations, by- laws and policies
• knowledge of building construction and maintenance procedures
• knowledge of HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems
• knowledge of when to contact tradespersons to complete a task or repair
• knowledge of inspection procedures
• knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
• knowledge of record keeping systems
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• ability to maintain building and grounds in a safe and responsible manner
• carpentry skills
• ability to operate required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
• client service and public relations skills
• team building skills
• analytical and problem-solving skills
• decision making skills
• effective verbal and listening
• ability to read and write to maintain daily logs
• stress management skills
• time management skills
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• be honest and trustworthy
• be respectful
• be flexible
• demonstrate sound work ethics
• deal with the public in a courteous and respectful manner
The Building Maintainer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing equipment and tools. The Building Maintainer will have to work in all weather. The Building Maintainer must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way.
The Building Maintainer must work independently and is expected to maintain a schedule of work.
Hours per week: 20-28 hours per week
Hourly rate: to be determined
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to the Executive/Artistic Director, Cicela Månsson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of your email.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, May 17th 2015 at 5:00pm. Please note that only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews – ArtSpring thanks you for your interest in this position.
2) Position of Auditor:
In accordance with Island Arts Centre Society’s Bylaws the position of auditor for ArtSpring is being tendered. The successful candidate will start with the 2015-2016 fiscal year (September – August).
Interested applicants should contact ArtSpring for an introductory package between April 30 and May 15, 2015. Deadline for receipt of Expression of Interest is 5:00 PM, Friday May 29, 2015.
Applicants should have experience with not-for–profit organizations and fund accounting.
Expressions of interest are to be directed to:
Carole Eyles, Treasurer, ArtSpring
100 Jackson Avenue,
Salt Spring Island, BC
Phone (250) 537-2125 Fax (250) 537-8301